Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Your Bodybuilding Programs should be Custom Fit to You

I really hate to be the one that breaks this to you, but that "beginners guide to getting huge!" or that "sure fire way to fill out your chest" in your favorite periodical, just might not work out for you. I know what you are thinking, "but everyone in the magazine is EXACTLY how I want to look!" I know because I have been there, and I have tried everything promised to me with the hope that one day I would find the one bodybuilding program that was Perfect for me. You know, the one I would be with forever, and it would never do me wrong....oh wait; I think I am thinking of anther crazy idea of MONOGAMY! The truth is there is no one workout that will work for everyone; so go ahead and get into bed with as many workouts as you can and find out what WORKS FOR YOU! But sure as hell your body will get tired of that one too and then it is time to go out hunting again, and there is nothing wrong with that. There is really only one person you can listen to in your quest for the perfect physique, your own body!

Learning a Lesson from the Great Frank Zane


When it came to listening to their own body, no one did it better than Frank Zane. I know that you have heard of the "Zen of Zane!" If you have not, I recommend going out and picking up some articles of the fantastic Mr. Zane. His workouts were so intense and deep in concentration, that hours would go by without him even knowing. He once did a set of roman chair sit-ups for over two hours! Only one thing always remained constant in his workouts, he always did what his body told him to do and responded to. He did more ab training than anyone in his sport at the time, more then any trainer would every recommend today; but look at his abs, the definition of a wash board with near perfect symmetry. When he was starting out he trained six days a week and then tapered into a 3 day split at the end of his competition career; he was never going to be permanently boxed into the same old routine for all his days. When his sport was being overrun by giants like Arnold, he remained victorious with unbelievable poses and symmetry that brought the rest of the world to its knees! He is by far the most inspirational body builder in my eyes, but if you take only one thing from his training it should be the importance of listening to your body.

Taking this Lesson into your Own Bodybuilding Programs


I will talk to people all the time who have been doing the same workout for months and even though they have stopped felling the intense pump associated with a good workout, THEY KEEP DOING IT! I will take this point in time to remind you all that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result! Listen to your body (I know I sound like a broken record but this is almost as important as BREATHING while lifting), find out what works for you and incorporate it in your workout. This will and should change over time; when this happens, change your workout again. There are thousands of bodybuilding pages out there, with an endless supply of bodybuilding programs; you will NEVER run out of material, only excuses when you see no results from doing the same old thing, time and time again! So go out and find a new program, have a little fun and play the field; remember, stay educated and dedicated and I will see you in the gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment